After we requested a number of of you, “What are you most excited for at Devcon4?” Most individuals answered: Individuals! It’s every year after we all collect at one place. We do not wish to spend all our time at Devcon sitting in a darkish room, silently observing somebody on stage – we wish to see, meet, and discuss to one another.
In that spirit, we’re designing Devcon4’s programming and atmosphere to supply the time and area for all of us to make new connections between individuals and concepts. That is our likelihood to ask one another a very powerful questions and delve deeper into a few of the hardest challenges (and thrilling alternatives!) going through Ethereum at this time.
That is why we will be experimenting with extra participatory programming this yr at Devcon4!
Listed here are 3 ways you possibly can apply to attend Devcon4:
- to current: That is self-evident. 😉 Give a 5 minute lightning discuss or a 20 minute presentation on a subject of your alternative.
- lead a workshop: Educate individuals to do one thing. Over the course of two hours, individuals should “get their arms soiled,” whether or not by writing code or studying to inform tales.
- host a breakout room: Be artistic and convey your personal programming to Devcon4! Host dapp design critiques, facilitate conversations, conduct dwell safety critiques, (enter your wonderful thought right here)
While you apply, we ask you to hyperlink your session to considered one of six primary themes:
- scalabilityHow can we safely, decentralized and reliably scale Ethereum for mass adoption?
- Safety: How can we make sure the safety of person information and funds?
- confidentiality: How can we empower customers to take management of their information?
- developer expertise: How can we make improvement for Ethereum easy, extensible, and enjoyable?
- UX & Design: How can we create a extra intuitive, helpful and fulfilling expertise for our customers?
- society and systemWhy will we construct? How will this know-how change our social techniques and the individuals inside them? (To be clear: that is all a part of a “catch all” theme for governance, cryptoeconomics, social affect, memes, and many others.)
If you wish to speak about your particular dApp or protocol, please achieve this within the context of considered one of these shared subjects. How have you ever recognized or resolved a typical drawback? How can your work profit the remainder of our group?
With ~3000 individuals and solely a lot time, we count on purposes for participation to be extremely aggressive this yr. Please purchase your tickets forward of time, in case your submission just isn’t accepted, in order that you do not miss out on tickets for Devcon4! We’ll course of refunds for anybody who purchases tickets after which qualifies for complimentary passes.
Please assist us construct the Devcon4 expertise within the spirit of those values:
- partnership: Collectively we’re constructing the Ethereum ecosystem and Devcon4 ought to mirror that. Along with tutorial talks, Devcon4 ought to present alternatives for individuals to contribute to a broader dialog and share info with one another.
- didactic: As the one occasion hosted by EF, Devcon4 is a chance for our group to be taught instantly from the leaders of the Ethereum ecosystem. Individuals should be taught issues that they can’t be taught wherever else.
- Pleasure: The primary motive individuals come to Devcon is to see one another! Let’s create an unique “Ethereum” household reunion for our group.
go to https://devcon4.etherum.org/call-for-participation Study extra and apply!