after hacking DEVCON1, martin swende is nr. 1 on the leaderboard ethereum bounty program, bounty program continues last award An quantity of 5 BTC. This system is open to anybody. Collectively btc relay Because it prepares to launch on Ethereum and contemplating its significance to many DApps, we wish to spotlight its ongoing safety audit by together with it within the Ethereum Bounty Program.
BTC Relay is an Ethereum contract that implements the Bitcoin SPV: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Thin_Client_Security
The principle objective of BTC Relay is to relay any sufficiently confirmed bitcoin transaction to a specified Ethereum contract. If somebody makes a bitcoin fee, or any arbitrary transaction on the canonical bitcoin blockchain, the relay ought to be capable to ship it to any specified Ethereum contract. extra particulars in specification,
The aim is to establish safety points equivalent to invalid blockheaders, false proofs, or accepting invalid bitcoin transactions. Equally, if there’s a legitimate bitcoin transaction that the BTC relay doesn’t relay in full, that too shall be eligible for the reward.
Please observe that since BTC Relay has a separate open-source grant for bounties, main bugs shall be rewarded as much as the utmost 1 BTC, Many extra prizes are doable (as much as). 5 BTC) in case of very critical vulnerabilities. Rewards are eligible for everybody besides the bounty program judges and the builders of BTC Relay.
The scope is on contract, 5 “.se” information within the root listing:
(it is a dedication https://github.com/etherum/btcrelay develop department)
All the SPV shopper performance isn’t in scope (e.g. bitcoin block timestamps are usually not checked to save lots of fuel prices). Higher mechanisms for optimizing incentives, fuel prices, and different algorithms are usually not in scope. That mentioned, any such suggestions will nonetheless be gladly thought-about.
With BTC Relay Now Becoming a member of the Ethereum Bounty Program, A lot of the Guidelines Are in Place http://bounty.ethdev.com apply. For instance, web sites not a part of the bounty program and first come, first served – points which have already been or are submitted by one other consumer already recognized Workforce isn’t eligible for bounty award. However, it additionally implies that past the financial rewards, every bounty can be eligible for:
- To be listed on the Ethereum Bounty Leaderboard with the factors collected throughout this system.
- Private inscription on the Ethereum namereg when it goes stay.
- An unique, restricted version Ethereum Bountyhunter T-shirt
If you wish to be a part of the channel for BTC Relay, it’s open to all https://gitter.im/etherum/btcrelay, The bounty program will run for a number of weeks earlier than launching BTC Relay for Frontier. Listed here are some objects to debate with the group and have open questions for the Frontier launch:
- What must be the primary block in BTC relay?
- For technical and sensible causes, the earliest block that may be saved in a BTC relay is block 2016 (1st problem re-target). The primary block of BTC relay have to be at a problem retarget, ie a block divisible by 2016.
- How doubtless are you to confirm a bitcoin transaction from some time in the past?
- How helpful would it not be if the BTC relay began with a two problem retarget first block?
- At the moment, that will be block 389088
- There’s a script that anybody can run to submit block headers to BTC Relay and what do you suppose must be the default price that validators of bitcoin transactions pay in ETH?
- The present price of the script is 0
- Submitting a block header often prices lower than 0.01 ETH. Ought to the default price be 0.01 ETH?
- This default price might be overridden on the will of the depositor, though the motivation mechanism is such that setting the price excessively is unlikely to be useful.
Lastly, the BTC Relay bounty program was added to “Information & Updates” on bounty.ethdev.com a number of weeks in the past, and has already attracted 1 bounty submission!